Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Another Problematic Issue With Christianity


In late December 2022 I posted an article called, The Error of Christian Passivity, which looked into the belief held by so many Christians regarding dealing with this country's problems and dangers, which is to just pray about it and wait for Jesus' return. You see this train of thought all the time in the comment's sections of various News sites on the Web. I don't believe the Bible supports this point of view and it is a dereliction of your obligation as a man and citizen. For those interested, I have posted a link to that article at the bottom of this page.

Going along with the theme of that article I found a thought provoking quote by Daniel Forrest. Before you read it, I want to say this, I believe the Christianity of today does not represent the original Christianity of the first century. Could that possibly be one reason why we have 20,000+ different Christian sects and denominations in the world today? It sure looks like it to me.

Here's the quote: "I do not reproach (express disapproval) Christianity for defending the weak who are unjustly oppressed. I reproach Christianity for exalting weakness and viewing it as a sign of election and title of glory. I reproach Christianity for not helping the weak to become strong. It is not a matter of opposing the strong against the weak, but rather opposing a system that values strength against a system that values weakness."

To that, I say, well said!

Here is the link to previous article below:

  The New Man: The Error of Christian Passivity (beyondalphamale.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment